The Lowveld Dual Bike Adventure (LDBA) has become a household name in Adventure Biking in SA over the past 5 years and I believe the success is due to the spectacular - and scenic routes of the Mpumalanga Lowveld and the support of all our sponsors and participants.
RAD Moto has confirmed to be our main sponsor again for 2017! We would like to thank Dave Griffin and his staff for believing in this event and for all their support. We look forward to be POWERED by RAD!
This is the only event in Mpumalanga that caters for all makes of bikes that are registered on the road and we offer technical and non-technical gravel routes that are therefore also pillion-friendly.
LDBA has grown to be the largest Dual Bike Event for all brands in South Africa and as an avid lady-rider I am proud to have converted my passion into a successful business! The event has grown from 90 (2012), 127 (2013), 141 (2014) and 150 entries during 2015 and 2016!
Directions to Badplaas Forever Resort
GPS: 25°57'15.5"S 30°33'48.0"E
What to bring:
• Puncture repair kit, tube
• Camelback or water bottle
• GPS or else follow your riding buddy. No Maps available!
We aim to offer -
• Green, red and black routes
• the opportunity for all brands of bikes to get together at the same event
• routes that can be appreciated by nature lovers
• green, orange and black routes that will consist of easy riding gravel roads that are pillion-friendly.
• great food, comfortable accommodation
We invite all suppliers to exhibit or to sponsor some lucky draws! Contact Rika de Bruyn at email@example.com for packages.
Stage 1: 23-26 March 2017, Badplaas Forever Resort
Stage 2: 26-28 March 2017, Prawn Run, Macaneta, Mozambique
EXCITING NEWS FOR SKILLS CHALLENGERS!!!
Adventure Riders SA will be hosting a National Skills Competition during 2017! A National Ranking system will be updated after each event on their website. Participants need to affiliate with Adv Riders SA. See www.adventureriderssa.co.za for more info.
Regional Challenges will include the following venues / events:
- LDBA Badplaas – 25 March 2017
- ADA – 13 May 2017
- 4 My Bike – 15 July 2017
- IRide – 19 August 2017
- WCape - September 2017
- NDBA – 14 October 2017
FINALS: @ ADA 18 November 2017
Categories will include
- Mens Open: 18 - 49 (Anyone can enter within age group)
- Mens Masters: 50+ (Anyone can enter within age group)
- Mens Amateur: All ages (No professionals, instructors etc)
- Ladies Open: (All ages and anyone can enter)
- Ladies Amateur: (No professionals, instructors etc)
Trophies, medals and plenty prizes are on offer for Regional and National winners!