The Lowveld Dual Bike Adventure (LDBA) has become a household name in Adventure Biking in SA over the past 5 years and I believe the success is due to the spectacular - and scenic routes of the Mpumalanga Lowveld and the support of all our Sponsors and Participants.
RAD Moto has confirmed to be our main partner again for 2017! We would like to thank Dave Griffin and his staff for believing in this event and for all their support. We look forward to be POWERED by RAD again!
This is the only event in Mpumalanga that caters for all makes of bikes that are registered on the road and we offer technical and non-technical gravel routes that are therefore also pillion-friendly. Two days of great riding on Green -, Red - or Black routes.
LDBA has grown to be the largest Dual Bike Event for all brands in South Africa and as an avid lady-rider I am proud to have converted my passion into a successful business! The event has grown from 90 (2012), 127 (2013), 141 (2014) and 150 entries during 2015 and 2016!
Directions to Badplaas Forever Resort
GPS: 25°57'15.5"S 30°33'48.0"E
What to bring:
• Puncture repair kit, tube
• Camelback or water bottle
• GPS or else follow your riding buddy. No Maps available!
We offer -
- Green, red and black routes
- the opportunity for all brands of bikes to get together at the same event
- routes that can be appreciated by nature lovers
- great food & comfortable accommodation
- Free participation in the ADV Riders DBC
- Guest Speakers
- Lucky Draws
We invite all suppliers to exhibit or to sponsor some lucky draws! Contact Rika de Bruyn at firstname.lastname@example.org for packages.
Stage 1: 23-26 March 2017, Badplaas Forever Resort
Stage 2: 26-28 March 2017, Prawn Run, Macaneta, Mozambique
ADVENTURE RIDERS DUAL BIKE CHALLENGE (DBC) TO BE LAUNCHED AT LDBA!
Adventure Riders SA will be hosting a National Dual Bike Challenge during 2017! A National Ranking system will be updated after each event on their website. Participants need to Annually affiliate with Adv Riders SA. See www.adventureriderssa.co.za for more info. Affiliation fees will include venue hire and track building, marshals and medics.
Cost per person:
- Annual Affiliation Fee: R150.00:
- Event Fees: R350.00 per event - the fees will cover:
- Venue hire, Adv Riders SA levy, Website, Stickers, Equipment & sound, Medics, Marshals and staff, Event facilitator, Trophy fund etc
Regional Challenges will include the following venues / events:
- LDBA MPU @ Badplaas – 25 March 2017
- ADA GAU @ ADA – 13 May 2017
- RAD Moto Urban GAU @ RAD – 3 June 2017
- KZN DBC Venue tba - 8 July 2017
- W-Cape DBC Anura Wine Estate - 12 August 2017
- I-Ride GAU @ Leeuwenkloof Farm – 16 September 2017
- NDBA KZN Battlefields Lodge, Dundee – 28 October 2017
- FINALS: @ ADA 18 November 2017
Categories will include:
- OPEN (Men & Ladies) : Anyone can enter
- MASTERS (Men & Ladies) : 50+ Anyone within age group / No Pro's & Instructors
- MEN Club : All ages / No Pro's & Instructors
- LADIES Club : All ages / No Pro's & Instructors
Trophies, medals and plenty prizes are on offer for Regional and National winners!
GUEST SPEAKER: Joey Evans - From Para to DAKAR
LDBA is privileged to host Joey after his epic finish in the DAKAR! Joey has achieved his ultimate dream and reached the podium in Buenos Aires! He will share his DAKAR dream with us!